- Valid Social Security numbers for yourself, spouse, children and other dependents with all birth dates
- All income statements, i.e. W-2 forms, from all employers
- Interest/dividend/stock statements, i.e. 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-B forms
- Retirement Income, i.e. 1099-R (Distribution), SSA-1099 (Social Security) RRB-1099 (Railroad)
- Form 1099-MISC for Self Employment, Rents, Royalties and Other Income
- Form 1099-G showing any State Refunds or Unemployment Compensation
- Form 1099-S Home or Business Property Sale
- Form 1099-C Cancellation of Debt
- Form 1098-T Student Tuition or 1098-E Student Loan Interest
- Form 1098 Mortgage Interest and Property Tax Statement
- Form 1095-A if you purchased coverage from a Health Insurance Marketplace;
- Proof of health care insurance coverage for you and everyone on your return.
There are some more common tax-related documents you will need to complete your tax return this year. Bring these tax documents along with a copy of your last year's tax return when you come in for your tax appointment.
Larry Baker, Enrolled Agent, QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor